The German pancake is where the American fluffy pancake meets the paper thin French crepe, a childhood favorite – great warm or cold!
- 4 eggs
- 1 oz. (25g) sugar
- 2 pinches salt
- 14 oz. (400g) flour
- 4 cups (1 l) milk
1. Gather your ingredients, blend eggs with sugar and salt.
2. Add flour and blend together.
3. Add milk, the mix will be very liquid, that’s ok Heat 2 tbsp of veggie oil in a pan, while you let the dough rest (it just got beaten up pretty well).
4. Pour your trail pancake to get a feel for the dough and how it spreads and how it flips. Mine wasn’t pretty.
5. Give it another go. Ahh – much better!
6. Serve warm or cold with cinnamon sugar and apple sauce, marmalade, jam, fruit kompott or nutella or all of the above 😉
7. Roll it all up and eat with your fingers!