The picture says it all, yummy cheesy shallot monkey bread, easy to make. I modified the recipe I found over at Heather Christo and it was AMAZING!
- 2 small cans of refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (Buttermilchbroetchen von Knack und Back)
- 2 shallots cut into slices
- 1/4 cup (or less) of butter
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme
- 2 cups grated cheese (I used Edamer)
1. Cut each of the buttermilk biscuits into quarters and place one can content on the bottom of a buttered bundt cake pan.
2. Brush with half of the butter, sprinkle half the shallots over it, about a tsp. of fresh thyme and 1 cup of the cheese.
3. Spread the second can of butter milk biscuit quarters on top and repeat step 2.
4. Bake in the 375F hot oven for 35 to 40 minutes until the cheese on top is golden brown.
5. Let sit for a few minutes then turn the pan over on a plate or cutting board. Marvel about the golden flakiness.
6. Serve with a soup or salad for dinner.