This PhotoShop tutorial is written by Dani for camolove.com.
You will learn how to get this text effect using layer styles in PhotoShop.
Let’s get started.
1. Open a new canvas roughly 350×350 px with a transparent background and 72 dpi.
2. Select your type tool and using a large font (I used OogieBoogie) set to white, write your word. Mine is love
3. Now, let’s add the layer style. On the bottom of your layer palette, click on the fx symbol.
4. Set your “Inner Glow” settings like so (you can of course use any color you like, just keep using the same tone for all effects, I used a light blue):
Which will give you this look:
5. Use these bevel settings to emphasize the effect, using a similar color tone as in the glow:
And we will get this look:
Now, I like to add a drop shadow to make it stand out even more. I used the same tone blue in a lighter setting:
And there you have it!
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial, feel free to play around with the settings and discover even more cool effects!